Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back on Track

After the previously reported setback, I had to take some time to let things settle down. My right achilles and the stuff that wraps around the heel is still very tender and is slowing me down in some ways, but things overall are coming along anyway.

As you can tell from my therapy log, my leg weights are now up to 10lbs (per leg) and I am racking up more time on the treadmill (Time on the treadmill is more important than speed. Speed will come on its own later.) and on the Total Gym.

Also, my step-ups have gotten easier and I've graduated from seated ankle rocking exercises to doing them while standing. That's a little hairy. I stand with both feet on a rocker board and rock back and forth on my ankles while trying to not fall on my...self.

I've also been given the OK to use my walker in the house without someone right next to me although I still have to have someone near. The objective here is to use my wheelchair as little as I can stand when in a semi-controlled environment. This will help with leg strengthening, swelling reduction, balance, nerve regeneration, and more.

I don't see any more huge leaps of progress like we were doing early on, but these little steps are just fine by me!

1 comment:

Melonie said...

So glad to see you're back on track,
Didn't doubt you for a second, and that's a fact.

More at the walk, less at the ride,
Standing up on the board, movin' side to side.

More treadmill time, higher and higher weights,
Gettin' stronger and stronger, every day.

It won't be long now and you'll be caching with ease,
In fact everything you do will just be a breeze.

So I bet you didn't know that I could rap?
Aren't you sorry you told me about this blog?

(Well, I couldn't figure out how to make that last part rhyme. I'm not a professional...yet!)

In His Love,
just a nut
Melonie :)