Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Bit Of A Setback

Some time after doing my treadmill work Thursday morning and some walking later, my right heel and ankle started hurting. A lot. I think I pushed it too hard on the treadmill. I got a little overeager trying to push for more speed and more time. I accomplished both, but it cost me.

I took it easy the rest of Thursday, but when I got to PT Friday, it was still hurting a lot. I was still able to do the platform work but I had to fight through the Total Gym and REALLY fight through the step-ups. When I tried the treadmill I couldn't stand even a few minutes at VERY low speed without huge pains so we stopped, iced down the ankle and heel, and I finished up on the stationary bike. I've been babying it ever since.

It still hurts but seems to be getting a little better. I'm trying to do enough to keep it kind of loose but I have to be very careful not to go too far and stress it out again.

I'm considering it a hard lesson learned. I'll get it back in shape as soon as possible and then I'll get back to work as best I can.

Don't expect any more dramatic increases in the treadmill!

No comments: