Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Treadmill Log Update

I made a bit of a change in the log.

First, and most obvious, is I changed it to a plotted line area graph just to through some color in there.

The other change is not quite so obvious.

There is another line in there and it is defined as a "Progress Index." This is a value which is derived from all of the other values in the graph, but it also takes into account the incline of the treadmill. My hope is that this will give a more complete indication of the overall progress while still being able to see the individual exercise factors. Adding the incline itself into the graph skews the overall viewability of the graph, but this "Index" helps to show its effect on the overall exercise value.

I also just discovered that while the PT treadmill incline is based on degrees, the one I am using at home is based on percent. So, I need to go back and recalculate to equate the two so you'll see some strange fluctuations in the graph soon.

That's it. Short and sweet this time.