Wednesday, May 21, 2008

PT Follow-up


Another round of PT today and I just thought you may want to see me standing up (with the aid of Scott, of course).

As you can't see, Scott has his knees bracing my right knee and he's holding onto a web belt that is around my waist. I've got a death grip on his arms because my knees are always trying to buckle, my feet hurt like mad, and my sense of balance is completely whacked out.

You may notice that my back is NOT to the chair. That's because I have already stood up twice and this time I took shuffle steps to get turned around so I could sit down on the exercise platform. When I'm done with the exercises we do there, we then do this little dance again to get me back into my wheelchair. From there I go to the stationary bike and then I'm done for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YooHoo!!!! What a marvelous sight. You're STANDING!! Reminds me of a song..."Standing on the Promises of God my Savior..." =o) Exciting times for you and 'J' Yea!

Melonie said...

Standing up so tall and lookin' strong. I'm ready whenever you and "J" are to take this "muggle" and show me the ropes of geocaching!! It looks like you'll be ready in a week or so...

In Christ,
Melonie :)