Thursday, May 15, 2008

MEDICAL UPDATE 5/14/08


Just a quick update after our visit with the surgeon as a follow up to the infection.

First, he is no longer concerned about the infection. We have a couple days of meds left and he thinks that will be sufficient. He know thinks it was just a common bacteria that worked its way in, not anything major picked up from the accident itself. So that's over with unless something flares up again later.

He also did a quick overall exam and has decided that, as far as he's concerned, I should keep the boots off as much as possible and start using my feet as much as I can stand! He says that everything looks all healed up and they should be able to take whatever I can throw at them (up to a point, anyway).

I may still have to have some of the metal removed, mainly the 2 screws going into the back of each heel, but we'll have to wait and see. If the metal isn't bothering me as we proceed, it'll stay.

(Thanks, D, for the toe cozies! They're comin' in handy!)

1 comment:

Melonie said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm so glad that nasty ol' infection is almost outta there! That's got to be a huge relief.

And thanks for posting the picture...lookin' good! I love the expression on your face, too.

Smiles and prayers,
Melonie :)