Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another milestone for ya.

As PT wrapped up I was expecting to go home and do my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill. J had other plans.

Instead, we headed over to the pavilion in the park where we had hosted our geocaching event. From there we went for a 20 minute walk along the hike and bike trail. This was my first time walking on a trail since the accident. Although this trail is paved, this section has several places that are in need of repair and are pretty rough. There are also some pretty good slopes that gave me a nice workout.

If that's not enough for ya, later in the day we also walked to our mailbox. It's in one of those pod things a few of blocks away. That was the first time for that, too. I had wheeled to it a few times in my chair, but this was the first time walking it.

In both cases I had a few wobbly moments and I wasn't breaking any land speed records, but overall I did alright. It sure was nice to get out and walk outside again. It beats the tar out of walking a treadmill! Hopefully there will be more trail walks in the near future.

2 comments:

Audra said...

hmm, time to up the ranking on the future placements in the HAC series? 1.5, 2 perhaps? How exciting! Keep it up, its so much fun to see you do so! -- semik

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now this was so awesome to read. You never cease to amaze me in the strides you have made and your dedication to PT is truly inspiring. My hats off to you.

Thanks for continuing to share with us.

God Bless Brother!

-paul