Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And so a few months have passed.....

...and not much has changed.

I still have good days and bad days. All in all I think I have pretty much stabilized.

I am doing up to some terrain level 2.5 caches and I've done some moderate bushwhacking for short distances. I've also done some hiking on unimproved trails that included some unexpectedly rough terrain. I took my time and I got through it. I've also done a little over 2 miles of walking at a time. And finally, I have started doing more house stuff including edging, trimming, and using the push mower on the front yard. I won't say there have been no consequences to stepping up the activity. After doing something that pushes my limits it takes my feet and ankles a day or three to recover from swelling, stiffness, and soreness; but that is also to be expected I suppose.

I've just gotten to the point that I know these things are going to, at best, feel weird. At worst, they are just gonna hurt. Usually, they will be somewhere in between. In any case, I just gotta live with it until I just can't any more, then we'll talk about if it's time to trade either or both of them in for new models.

In the meantime, I'll keep pushing the limits and living the way I want and as much as I can tolerate while I can. I'll keep geocaching, waymarking, and doing whatever else I feel like trying. I'm even thinking of entering as a walker in a 5k or two just to do it. I have not been in a 5 or 10k since I ran some in the Corps.

So, off we go. Let's see what happens.

God bless.

No comments: